Introducing environmentally sustainable reintegration: A two-fold strategy
The webinar introduced innovative practices of environmentally sustainable reintegration and their positive impact on both climate change adaptation as well as returnees’ reintegration in their countries of origin.
During this event, the newly launched Environmental Annex of the IOM Reintegration Handbook “Guidance for mainstreaming environmental and climate considerations into reintegration programming“, funded by the UK Department for International Development, was presented.
In addition, findings from the project “Mainstreaming environmental dimensions into reintegration support to reduce the effects of climate change on migration in West Africa”, implemented by IOM and funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, was also presented
Date: 09 September 2020
Time: 11:00 CET
- Ms. Nazanine Nozarian, Knowledge Management and Data Officer, Knowledge Management Hub, IOM HQ
- Ms. Lisa Lim Ah Ken, Migration, Environment and Climate Change Specialist, IOM Regional Office for East and Horn of Africa
- Ms. Joy Paone, ORION Project Manager, IOM HQ Ms. Alice Baillat, Migration, Environment and Climate Change Expert, IOM HQ
- Ms. Hind Aïssaoui Bennani, Migration, Environment and Climate Change Specialist, IOM Regional Office for West and Central Africa and MENA
- Mr. Olivier Allongue, Training Manager, Trees for the Future
- Mr. Endeshaw Kassa, Program Officer, Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekaneyesus (EECMY)