Key elements of a good digital strategy
- Responsive website with engaging content: You need a professional website that has engaging content. Whenever someone visits your website, they need to see easy to understand information that relates to your mission.
- An SEO strategy: This is specific to each association. We won’t go into details here but keep this in mind if you are working with a web designer. It can include carefully choosing the words on your website, having a blog so that your website will appear higher in Google search results and even the coding of the website.
- Email marketing campaigns: It’s important to have a database of people you can reach out to. Even if your target audience isn’t using email, you can still think about how to reach current or potential partners and funders.
- Social media marketing: Who are you talking to and where do you talk to them online? What are you going to share with them? You need to have a plan that is long-term and cohesive.
- Digital advertising campaigns: You can run ads on social media and you can use ads to target specific people who you want to reach.