KMH launches Self-Paced Course on Monitoring and Evaluating Return and Reintegration Programmes
The EU-IOM Knowledge Management Hub (KMH) launched today the Self-Paced Training Course on Monitoring and Evaluating Return and Reintegration Programmes. The course, available in English and French, can be accessed through E-Campus and the I-Learn platform*.
The training course aims at strengthening the competencies of return and reintegration practitioners involved in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities of return and reintegration programmes. It aims to enhance the opportunity to obtain core knowledge on the monitoring and evaluation and it is based on 10 self-paced modules.
Module 1. Return and sustainable reintegration
Module 2. Importance of M&E
Module 3. Applying a Results Monitoring Framework (RMF): Programme theory
Module 4. Applying RMF: M&E plan and RMF
Module 5. Applying M&E surveys
Module 6. Mainstreaming and integrating cross-cutting issues in M&E for return and reintegration programmes
Module 7. Collecting M&E data for return and reintegration programmes
Module 8. Collecting M&E data: Sampling for M&E return and reintegration programmes’ surveys
Module 9. Analyzing & presenting return and sustainable reintegration data
Module 10. Evaluating return and reintegration programmes
Participants who complete this training course will be able to:
- Understand the framework for return and reintegration and define the purpose of an integrated approach to reintegration.
- Explain the importance of M&E for return and reintegration programmes, identifying existing IOM M&E resources and guidelines.
- Apply the results monitoring framework to a return and reintegration programme.
- Apply the M&E surveys to a return and reintegration programme.
- Understand the importance of integrating cross-cutting issues in the M&E of return and reintegration programmes.
- Conduct data collection for monitoring and evaluating return and reintegration programmes.
- Conduct data analysis on M&E data collected for a specific return and reintegration programme.
- Plan for, undertake, follow-up and share knowledge on return and reintegration programmes’ evaluation.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us in case of questions.
* The I-Learn platform is accessible to IOM users only. Non-IOM users are invited to follow the process outlined in this document to access the course on E-Campus.